I fell in love with France all over again in Provence last fall. From the first step off the train in Marseilles I knew I had to share this experience. So after loads of planning, I am excited to offer you the opportunity to fall in love too! Susan and I will be taking an exclusive group of design addicts on our Everyday Extraordinary tour September 17 – 24, 2016 for a remarkable week of textiles + design; oh and of course, food + wine!
Take this opportunity to connect with Provence and all its wonders. From our wonderful mas in the heart of Provence, we’ve put together a week of unparalleled textile education including amazing design expeditions, craft&techniques, treasure hunting and much more ; all set against the backdrop of stunning scenery and centuries of history. Grab this chance to immerse yourself in a region that has inspired thousands of artisans and designers and experience the true meaning of l’art de vivre.
Join us as we explore magical Provence through a designer’s eyes. This is a once- in- a- lifetime escorted, small group luxury tour staying in an authentic Provencal Mas. We’ll be staying at the La Bastide de Bonnieux, a beautifully decorated retreat near one of France’s most beautiful villages in the heart of Provence. Our home away from home for this week features stunning views, wonderful indoor and outdoor living spaces, a heated pool, wi-fi, and so much more!
Explore Provence Everyday the French Way:
- Champagne welcome
- Evening apéritifs at our bastide
- The markets of Provence—the antiques at Isle sur la Sorgue plus Provençal delights at other local daily markets.
- A full day in Lyon—the most famous silk city in France—with a complete overview of silk fabric and passementerie design and production, plus a private, guided tour to one of the world’s top drapery and upholstery workrooms.
- Guided tour to one of the only remaining producers of historic Indiennes—the colorful fabrics that are so closely identified with Provence.
- Guided tour to a 9th generation wool mill, founded in 1808
- Our Creative/ Artisan day at the bastide
- Indulge your senses—scent, taste, sight and touch— with visits to renowned regional producers.
Topping it off, you’ll experience Provence as a design insider with what has become all of our tours’ signature- private design destinations- to some of the best and most exclusive ateliers, workshops, studios, markets and shops in Provence.
Won’t you join us?